Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ever Feel Like This????



Today I realized I had not heard from my mom in a while...she usually calls and leaves messages for me to call her back...she hasn't even done that in a while. Yesterday, I had a phone call from one of my sister's friends needing her phone number....I didn't even have that handy. That's when I realized,geez... I have been disconnected from the world that really is supposed to matter to me the most. How can you not talk to your loved one,like your mom or your sister, your best friend in over a month? How does that happen and does that make you a selfish person? Life, business, everyday mediocre chores that have to be done can get you to feel like a rubberband that cannot extend any further without popping. That is the answer to that question. Then I asked myself, how can I improve? Do I break down to get a personal assistant,maid service, cut down, ignore some of my mediocre duties or just live life and take the who care's attitude?

Well after searching around for answers. It is ultimately called not taking on so much and prioritizing, scheduling, skipping on the non-essentials in life. It is essential to make time for what is most important to someone and make it a part of my weekly schedule. Therefore, I have come up with a list of musts and live withouts. There are none in the middle because obviously those cannot be that important. The list is made up of either a must or a live without. This really does narrow your list when you get a clear picture of how to juggle life/work balance.

For the meantime, I have developed a game plan that will help me prioritize my life with a virtual assistant to remind me of my musts, who, when, what and where and the goal is to stick to it.

Happy Balancing to all!!!

No comments: